Line
Line
Line
Line
Line

Message Boards

Class of 1982
Let Us Re-Unite Here!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If he does play against Los Angeles,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Class of 1982 Forum Index -> Teacher, Teacher
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miaowang123

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: If he does play against Los Angeles, Reply with quote

TORONTO - Hockey Night in Canada host Ron MacLean has apologized for setting off a social media firestorm following the Montreal-Tampa Bay game. During the Canadiens 4-3 win over the Lightning, MacLean suggested a French-speaking referee should not have worked the game. The comment apparently stemmed from a complaint by Lightning coach Jon Cooper who felt his team lost because of a bad call from a ref during Sundays Game 3 defeat. MacLean suggested the NHL used a French referee to send a signal to the Florida team in the wake of Coopers complaint. Later in the CBC broadcast, MacLean said he was sorry, adding it is ”divisive any time you become about French and English in our country.” He said he certainly didnt intend to go down that path. MacLean added that while he thought Francois St. Laurent ”maybe shouldnt have been put into Game 4, Id have no problem with Game 5, 6 or 7.” MacLean explained that he wouldnt send an Alberta referee in to do an Alberta game had an Alberta official been involved in a tough Game 3. ”Its not about French Canadians, certainly not about French, and thats what I kinda triggered and its easy to step into that kind of mistake.” The Canadiens swept Tampa Bay in four games. Kyle Brodziak Jersey . An offseason trade acquisition from Kansas City, Greinkes National League debut was delayed by a non-baseball injury in the spring, and he was 0-1 after dropping an 8-0 decision at Atlanta in his initial appearance with the Brewers on May 4. St. Louis Blues Jersey . - A retired Indiana school principal who was NASCAR star Jeff Gordons drivers education teacher was killed with his wife in a Tennessee crash while returning from watching Gordon race. http://www.jerseynhlblueshockey.com/jaden-schwartz-hockey-jersey/ . The 33-year-old Spaniard, who held the lead since the second round, turned in a solid final round that featured six birdies and two bogeys to finish on 22-under 266. The victory is Garcias first this year with his last win coming at the Johor Open, an Asian Tour event in Malaysia last December. Marcel Goc Jersey . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. Pierre Turgeon Blues Jersey . You can watch all the action on TSN and TSN GO beginning at 8:30pm et/5:30pm pt. Minnesota dropped the first two tests of this best-of-seven set at Chicagos United Center and was outscored by a combined 9-3 margin in those setbacks. However, the Wild righted themselves at home by taking Game 3 by a 4-0 count before knotting the series at two games apiece with Fridays 4-2 triumph at Xcel Energy Center.SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Raffi Torres is making progress but its still unclear whether hell play for the San Jose Sharks in their playoff opener Thursday night against the Los Angeles Kings. Torres missed all but five games during the regular season after undergoing surgery on Sept. 26 to repair a torn ligament in his right knee. The Sharks forward missed the first 59 regular-season games and returned to play the next five of six before sitting out the final 17. Torres said he probably wont know until game day whether hell be in the lineup for the Sharks when the first-round series opens in San Jose. "Today was a better day," Torres said after practice Tuesday. "I feel like were getting on the right track. So I feel good about that. It will probably be Thursday when we make a decision, but today was a better day for sure." Sharks coach Todd McLellan said Torres "looked really good." "He looked fresh and alert and looked like he was Raff, the way hes supposed to look," McLellan said. Torres was injured on Sept. 20 in a collision with Anaheim Ducks forward Emerson Etem during an exhibition game. He underwent surgery six days later. After the NHLs break for the Sochi Olympics, Torres made his season debut on Feb. 28 against the Philadelphia Flyers and scored two goals in a 7-3 victory. He took the next game off then played four straight games, scoring a goal and recording two assists during that stretch as the Sharks beat New Jersey, lost to Carolina then beat Pittsburgh and Montreal. Torres appeared to have made a successful recovery from knee surgery, but that MMontreal game on March 8 turned out to be his last regular-season appearance.dddddddddddd "I got a few bounces to go my way," Torres said. "At the end of the day I just go by how I feel. Sometimes I feel terrible out there and score a couple goals, kind of how I did in Philly. I know physically I could be a lot better there. It was nice to contribute for five games, for sure, dont get me wrong. I just want to be able to feel good at the end of the game." Last season Torres played in only the first game of the Sharks second-round series against Los Angeles, which they lost in seven games. He was suspended for the rest of that series for a hit to the head of Kings forward Jarret Stoll. That marked the fourth career suspension for Torres. If he does play against Los Angeles, Torres plans to play his typical aggressive, hard-hitting game, but he knows theres a line he cant cross. "I understand that Ive got a little bit more of a target on my back," said Torres, who signed a three-year, $6 million contract extension in June. "Ill have to be careful out there, for sure." Losing Torres after Game 1 against the Kings last season was a huge blow to the Sharks, who had swept Vancouver in the first round. Getting Torres back to face the Kings this year would provide a big boost, Sharks centre Logan Couture said. "I dont know if he is going to (play), but hed bring energy," Couture said. "His style of game, hes hard on the forecheck. He creates momentum for our team. The crowd enjoys when hes on the ice. Hopefully, well get him back." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Class of 1982 Forum Index -> Teacher, Teacher All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: