Line
Line
Line
Line
Line

Message Boards

Class of 1982
Let Us Re-Unite Here!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ger going into next year.Forsett is all for it.I would lo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Class of 1982 Forum Index -> Teacher, Teacher
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miaowang123

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: ger going into next year.Forsett is all for it.I would lo Reply with quote

SANTA CLARA, Calif. - From the pick six that closed Candlestick to a pair of goal-line stands in Carolina, it seems like whenever San Francisco needs a big play from its defence one of the 49ers decorated linebackers steps up. With Pro Bowlers NaVorro Bowman, Patrick Willis and Ahmad Brooks playing alongside talented pass rusher Aldon Smith on co-ordinator Vic Fangios defence, the Niners version of the fearsome foursome has played a major part in their advancement to the NFC title game on Sunday night in Seattle. Bowman, Willis, Brooks and Smith have combined for seven sacks, one forced fumble and an interception in road playoff wins in Green Bay and Carolina that set up the showdown with the Seahawks with a spot in the Super Bowl on the line. "We just try to stay together and lead this defence," Bowman said. "We all can do special things that a lot of guys cant do in this league. Vics just done a great job drawing up the right plays and what he wants us to do out there. Were blessed to have all four of us on the same page." What makes this unit so effective is how well they work together. Smith and Brooks are elite pass rushers, able to chase down quarterbacks with their speed and overpower blockers with their strength. Willis and Bowman are the do-everything inside backers, who plug holes against the run, blitz when needed and chase running backs and tight ends in coverage. While Willis came into the year as the most decorated of the bunch as a five-time All-Pro and Smith the most feared with 33 1/2 sacks his first two seasons, it is Bowman who has led the group this season when the Niners needed it most. Smith missed five games to receive substance abuse treatment and Willis showed a few signs of slowing down, turning Bowman into the on-field leader of the group. He was named first-team All-Pro for the third straight season and has been mentioned as a candidate for Defensive Player of the Year after recording a career-high five sacks, two interceptions, five forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. That earned him the ultimate praise from Willis. "I said, Man, youre having the kind of year that linebackers want to have. I know youre most certainly having the kind of year that I would love to have," Willis said. "Hes my brother. Im always going to be his biggest fan. Hes my teammate. Im just glad to see him do well. When one of us does well, we all do well. Thats how we think as a team." The crowning moment of Bowmans year came in the regular-season home finale against Atlanta. With the 49ers in danger of losing the final scheduled game at Candlestick Park and having their playoff status put in doubt, Bowman delivered one of the most impressive plays of the season. It started with him blitzing up the middle against Matt Ryan. But after getting the centre to commit, Bowman retreated and was in perfect position when Tramaine Brock broke up a slant pass to Harry Douglas. Bowman grabbed the ball out of the air and ran 89 yards for the touchdown that sealed the 34-24 victory and clinched the playoffs for the Niners. "He just comes up big all the time," defensive lineman Ray McDonald said. "Its paying off for him because hes a hard-working guy, hes always on top of his game." Bowman was at it again in Sundays 23-10 win over Carolina, fighting off two blockers before tackling Cam Newton at the 1 late in the second quarter. After a sack by Brooks and another goal-line stop by Bowman, the Panthers had to settle for a field goal. San Francisco drove for the go-ahead score in the closing seconds of the half and never trailed again. That was the second impressive goal-line stand as Brooks stopped Newton on fourth down from the 1 earlier in the second quarter. Back-to-back sacks by Bowman and Brooks knocked the Panthers out of field goal range in the closing minutes of the third quarter in what proved to be their last chance to stay in the game. Throw in an interception earlier in the game by Willis that set up a field goal, and it was a dominating day. "We take pride on keeping teams out of the end zone," Bowman said. "Theyre going to make big plays, theyre NFL players, too. But if we can hold up at the goal line four downs in a row that lets you know were here to play and its going to be a long day." Braydon Coburn Jersey . - First-timer Chris Harris Jr. Andrej Sustr Jersey . Jesus Navas bookended yet another huge home win for City by scoring after 14 seconds and again in second-half stoppage time, with Sergio Aguero also netting in each half to add to an own goal by Sandro and a brilliant strike by Alvaro Negredo. http://www.lightninghockeystore.us/Alex-Killorn-Jersey/ . - UFC 178, previously announced for Sept. Brian Boyle Jersey . The 29-year-old German, the 2011 overall World Cup champion, says she has decided "to end my career now. Andrej Sustr Lightning Jersey . Judging by his performance Saturday night, Cotto has plenty left in the tank. Cotto became the first Puerto Rican fighter to win world championships in four weight divisions, stopping Sergio Martinez in their WBC world middleweight title fight Saturday night.OWINGS MILLS, Md. - Heading into the off-season sooner than anticipated, Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh took consolation in knowing he got the most out of his team and that it wont take much tinkering to correct its most obvious flaws.Despite a myriad of injuries, the hoopla surrounding the release of running back Ray Rice and the suspension of defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, the Ravens earned a spot in the post-season for the sixth time in seven years and beat Pittsburgh in the wild-card round before falling to top-seed New England 35-31 on Saturday night.They were the best team that they could be, though all the adversity, the challenges and even through the last game, Harbaugh said Tuesday. Im proud of those guys for that. Thats the best thing you can say about a group of guys, the coaches and the players.Harbaugh wont forget this bunch, but hes already turned his attention toward next season. Upcoming decisions for the franchise include whether to re-sign unrestricted free agents Torrey Smith and Justin Forsett, which direction to go in the draft and how deep to delve into the free agent market.The secondary was the teams most glaring flaw, but because six defensive backs ended the season on injured reserve, Harbaugh believes even that unit can improve without much help from the outside.Its really not an overhaul in the sense that everybodys going to be cleaned out and were going to bring a bunch of new guys in, he said. We have a lot of good players sitting there because of the fact that well be healthy and the fact that we brought some good players in because of what happened this year.The Ravens got solid contributions from rookies on both sides of the line, including Pro Bowl linebacker C.J. Mosley; defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan; offensive tackles James Hurst and John Urschel; and tight end Crockett Gillmore.Thats one reason why Harbaugh was upbeat about the future.Its pretty clear-cut some areas that we have to improve on, he said. But we have a solid foundation of a football team right now, young guys who have turned out to be good players. We have a number of good players going forward that are going to be here and we can build on that. Thats very exciting.He was particularly enthusiastic abouut the offensive front, which flourished despite injuries to Eugene Monroe and Rick Wagner.dddddddddddd.I think the future is really great for our offensive line, Harbaugh said. When we first came in here in 2008 we said wed start in the trenches, and we were pretty strong in the trenches this year. Thats the foundation of our team. We want to keep improving that and keep building on that. Weve got some really young players on both sides of the ball up front.Decisions on Smith (49 catches, 767 yards, 11 TDs) and Forsett (1,266 yards rushing) will be made during an organizational meeting in Florida later this month. But Harbaugh made it clear that he wants both of them back.I love Torrey. Hes been a huge part of what weve done since he got here, great for the community and all those things, made a ton of plays for us, Harbaugh said.Forsett made the loss of Rice less of an issue on the field by having the best season of his career.Well just have to see how that plays out, Harbaugh said. But I know one thing: If we can get him back, that would make our team stronger going into next year.Forsett is all for it.I would love to be a part of it, he said. This is an organization that first gave me my shot, my first real opportunity, and I would love to stay.The coaching staff should be intact in 2015, although Harbaugh acknowledged that secondary coach Steve Spagnuolo would be interviewing with the New York Giants about their defensive co-ordinator opening.Ravens offensive co-ordinator Gary Kubiak told the team he intends to return, and Harbaugh had no reason to believe that the head coaching vacancy in Denver would change Kubiaks mind.Hes very happy here. His family is happy here, Harbaugh said. I think all the coaches feel good about where theyre at right now. As far as I know, nothing has changed.Harbaugh can only hope his players improve their behaviour this off-season. Five were arrested before training camp started last year, and Harbaugh does not want a repeat performance.Everybodys going to be under a different type of scrutiny from here on out, and thats a good thing, he said. Its real, its serious, and they need to be aware of that.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Class of 1982 Forum Index -> Teacher, Teacher All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: