Line
Line
Line
Line
Line

Message Boards

Class of 1982
Let Us Re-Unite Here!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tell the whole story since teams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Class of 1982 Forum Index -> Teacher, Teacher
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miaowang123

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: tell the whole story since teams Reply with quote

MIAMI -- As soon as Chris Young connected on a deep fly ball to left field in the ninth inning, the New York Mets thought they had tied the game on a sacrifice fly. But they misjudged the strength of Marcell Ozunas arm. Ozuna threw out Kirk Nieuwenhuis at the plate to end the game to help the Miami Marlins beat the Mets 3-2 on Friday night. "Its pretty surprising. Hats off to Ozuna," Nieuwenhuis said. "He made a great throw. Theres no other way to put it." Even Ozuna thought the Mets had tied the game. "I didnt think I had a chance to get him out, but I was going to throw it no matter what," Ozuna said. Ozuna also threw out David Wright to end the eighth after the Mets cut the deficit to 3-2. "I cant remember seeing a game decided by two great throws from a left fielder and two great tags from the catcher to end the game," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "Thats pretty amazing." Henderson Alvarez (4-3) pitched 6 1-3 scoreless innings, allowing seven hits without a walk, and struck out five. In his past six starts, he is 2-0 with a 0.68 ERA, which leads the majors since May 22. "It was a good start for myself. All my pitches were working. Now its about keeping going forward," Alvarez said. Steve Cishek allowed a double to Nieuwenhuis to open the ninth, but earned his 17th save in 18 chances when Ozunas throw landed in catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchias glove for his fourth assist of the season. "He started at the Clevelander, so I didnt think he had a shot, but he started running in," Saltalamacchia said. "Once he got closer I knew he had a chance, but thats a tough throw, big moment like that. You tend to do too much. He made a perfect throw." Mets starter Daisuke Matsuzaka (3-1) allowed one run and six hits in 5 1-3 innings. He struck out four. "I felt good today, and just going off our last time off of Alvarez, I knew it was going to be a close game -- a one or two-run game -- so I knew I couldnt give up too many runs," Matsuzaka said. "One run ended up making a difference." Adeiny Hechavarria drove in two runs, and Saltalamacchia hit two doubles for the Marlins, who won their major league-best 17th one-run game of the season despite going 1 for 11 with runners in scoring position. "It was nice to win that one," Redmond said. "We needed to win that one." Six of the eight games between these clubs this season have been decided by one run New York had a two-game winning streak snapped. With the Mets trailing 3-0 in the eighth, Wright hit an RBI single off Kevin Gregg. Two batters later, with Mike Dunn pitching, pinch-hitter Eric Campbell singled to left field to make it 3-2. Wright was thrown out at the plate as he tried to score on the hit. "I got thrown out by about 10 feet, so it wasnt a real close play," Wright said, "but at the same time we kind of thought that he was blocking (the plate) and apparently they thought he wasnt." Mets manager Terry Collins challenged the play, taking up the argument that Wright was blocked from getting to the plate. "When you saw replays, his foot had pretty much that whole side blocked," Collins said. "The over-the-top view, I dont know. You dont ever get an explanation. All they say is the play stands. "You dont ever get an explanation or why they ruled it, and the umpires are as confused as anybody." Rafael Furcal led off of the game for the Marlins with a triple off the right-field fence and scored on a groundout by Hechavarria. It was Furcals first extra-base hit of the season in 30 at-bats and first leadoff triple since June 11, 2010, against the Angels when he played for the Dodgers. "I knew that was the only run I could give up the rest of my outing," Matsuzaka said. After Jake Marisnick stole second base in the seventh, he swiped third with Wright not in position to cover the bag. He then scored when catcher Anthony Reckers throw to third went into left field. "It surprised them a little bit that he took off there with a left-hand hitter," Redmond said. "He was being aggressive and took advantage of a bad throw. That was a huge run for us." The Marlins extended their lead to 3-0 later in the inning when Wright attempted to bare-hand a grounder hit by Hechavarria, but the ball bounced past him, allowing Justin Bour to score. Wright was originally charged with an error, but it was later changed to a hit. NOTES: Mets SS Ruben Tejada took a base hit away from Casey McGehee in the eighth inning when he made a diving stop to his left, spun on the ground, and threw to first from his knees. ... Wright has a 10-game hitting streak at Marlins Park. ... Miami will send RHP Tom Koehler (5-5, 3.84) to the mound on Saturday. New York will counter with RHP Jacob deGrom (0-4, 4.39). Carl Hagelin Jersey . It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points. Dan Girardi Rangers Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline isnt that far away and teams will be making decisions on whether to buy, sell and decide which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value. http://www.rangershockeyonlineshop.com/martin-st-louis-hockey-jersey/ . He even addressed his group of relievers Sunday morning. Dustin McGowan made those worries a nonfactor, at least for a day. McGowan pitched three-hit ball for seven innings, Colby Rasmus hit a grand slam and Melky Cabrera added a two-run homer as the Blue Jays beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 7-2. Jimmy Vesey Jersey . Last year, Matt Kuchar closed with a 4-under 68 to beat Kevin Chappell by two strokes for his second win of the 2013 season and sixth of his career. Antti Raanta Rangers Jersey . The Miami Heat star tops the leagues global list of top-selling jerseys for the 2012-13 season, edging Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls, Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers, Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder and James Heat teammate Dwyane Wade for the No.TORONTO - Seattle striker Clint Dempsey is the highest-paid player in Major League Soccer, according to the latest figures from the MLS Players Union. The former New England Revolution, Fulham and Tottenham forward is making US$5,038,566.50 with the Sounders this season. There are eight other millionaire-plus players in the league including three forwards with Canadian teams: Marco Di Vaio of the Montreal Impact ($1,937,508), Toronto FCs Danny Koevermans ($1,663,323.33), and Kenny Miller ($1,124,992) of the Vancouver Whitecaps. Other big-ticket players are Thierry Henry ($4,350,000) and Tim Cahill ($3,625,000) of the New York Red Bulls, Robbie Keane ($4,333,333.33) and Landon Donovan ($2,500,000) of the Los Angeles Galaxy and Obafemi Martins ($1,725,000) of the Seattle Sounders. Donovan signed a contract extension last month that is believed to put him in the Dempsey salary range from next season on. The top Canadian earner is attacking midfielder Dwayne de Rosario, whose salary at D.C. United is listed at $645,333.33. Canadian defender Dejan Jakovic makes $303,341.33 at D.C. United. Canadian international Will Johnson earns $243,,750 as captain of the Portland Timbers.dddddddddddd Spanish winger Alvaro Rey is on $204,450 with Toronto FC while captain Steven Caldwell is a bargain at $89,999,98. Mike Magee of the Chicago Fire is also great value at $191,666.67. With 16 goals, he stands tied for second in league scoring with Vancouvers Camilo Sanvezzo ($247,500) behind Di Vaio (18 goals). The salary figures do not tell the whole story since teams can use allocation money to "buy down" the cost of a player against the salary cap. NOTES Midfielder Kyle Bekker scored in a losing cause Wednesday as the Toronto FC reserves (3-3-1) lost 3-1 at the FC Dallas reserves (4-6-1, 13 points). The Toronto lineup included Quillan Roberts, Ryan Richter, Michael Thomas, Jonas Elmer, Reggie Lambe and Emery Welshman ... At 18,610 a game this season, Torontos average attendance stands 10th in the 19-team league. Seattle leads at 43,180 followed by Los Angeles (22,156) and Montreal (20,823). Vancouver is sixth at 19,954 ... Toronto FCs next league victory will be its 50th. The teams current overall record in MLS play is 49-103-66 in seven seasons. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Class of 1982 Forum Index -> Teacher, Teacher All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: