Line
Line
Line
Line
Line

Message Boards

Class of 1982
Let Us Re-Unite Here!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Howie Long Jersey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Class of 1982 Forum Index -> Memorable Moments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xiaxue123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Howie Long Jersey Reply with quote

As corporate training and eLearning is turning shorter and practical Mario Edwards Jr Jersey , the importance of job aids to supplement learning is getting highlighted. L & D teams are now emphasizing on creating a coherent learning environment for their employees, by using job aids to complement the courses. Job aid, as the name suggests Karl Joseph Jersey , aids the users in completing the job effectively and successfully.

It comes handy for the users as it makes the right information available, in the right medium, right at their desks or fingertips David Sharpe Jersey , just when they need it. However poorly designed job aid would defeat its purpose and is likely to end up getting dumped into the stack of unused documents. Here are a few common mistakes that can, and should be avoided when creating job aids.

1. Lengthy and verbose – Users get frustrated if job aid provides too much theoretical, unnecessary and ‘nice to know’ information. Job aid is for quick reference and hence should be concise Eddie Vanderdoes Jersey , to-the-point and quickly getting to the crux of its objective. It should ideally be not more than one or two pages.

2. Complicated layout – Unformatted or complex layout makes it difficult for users to find information quickly. Job aid should be designed in an easy-to-follow format, contingent on the type of task it supports.

3. Don’t map to users’ needs – Job aid written without keeping in mind the target users’ entry level knowledge, needs and experience often fails to achieve its objectives.

4. Content dumping – Just copying the entire step-list or flowchart from a training or process into the job aid is another common mistake. Job aid requires careful content curation Obi Melifonwu Jersey , editing and reworking as opposed to content dumping.

5. No visuals – Job aid with only verbal description takes a lot of time to read and may drop user’s interest. Using images, drawings and symbols to describe information guarantee retention and makes it lot easier for users to follow. But visuals must aid the learning process and not just decorate the document.

6. Lack of context – Job aids, many times Gareon Conley Jersey , do not set the context for using them. Job aid should have a brief linkage to the context, being standalone learning material by itself. Context would help users understand, retain and process information better.

7. Difficult to access – The purpose of having a job aid gets defeated if it is not easily accessible to users. For example Reggie Nelson Jersey , job aids are merged into a single bank of online documents without sorting or giving a search option. Be it a print or digital, job aids should be easily accessible whenever users need it.

8. Complex language – Users tend to avoid referring a job aid if it has unfamiliar words, technical terms and industry jargon. Job aid should use simple language so that the user doesn’t struggle with its meaning. Jargons should be avoided unless appropriate to the task and the user.

A well-crafted job aid can be a great reference tool for learners to apply their learning on the job and retain knowledge. However it should be designed and developed carefully to yield its results. Have you come across any such mistakes in job aids you have referred or reviewed? What are your tips for creating user-friendly job aids?

MELBOURNE, Nov. 2 (Xinhua) -- An Australian man who spent two weeks lost and "covered in leeches" in the Malaysian jungle said he survived by eating wild plants.

Andrew Gaskell, 25, went missing on October 18 while on a 2,376-meter solo hike to the summit of Mount Mulu, the second tallest mountain in the Malaysian state of Sarawak.

Gaskell, from the island state of Tasmania, was found by a Malaysian search team late on Tuesday covered in leeches and visibly weak.

"Obviously I'm quite starving, but apart from that I'm really happy to be alive," Gaskell told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) from a Malaysian hospital on Wednesday.

"These last few days I picked up a few wild ferns from the jungle, aside from that I ate virtually nothing. I was getting weaker and weaker every day.

"By the end of it, I was quite concerned I wouldn't make my 26th birthday."

Gaskell said that a series of similar walking trails at the base of the mountain, an area famous for its complex cave system, caused him to become disoriented and lost.

"At the base (of the mountain) there's a lot of parallel trails and creek crossings that make the track quite confusing," he said.

"The sun was just setting at the time (and) I managed to get myself lost.

"I ended up spending that whole night just wandering and really got myself badly disoriented.

"If I had a Global Positioning System (GPS) or better navigational equipment I would have been fine, but it was extremely stupid of me really.

"It actually took me a while to be concerned. I must be more optimistic than I thought."

Gaskell apologized for the stress he caused his family and thanked the Malaysian authorities for their rescue efforts.

"The rescue staff have been amazing, as have the hospital staff," he said.

Every year Amari Cooper Jersey , you will find similar situation in every households, you will see that all family members were glued to their TV every Sunday nights because the football season is coming and they want to watch their favorite team match. Even neighbors and friends join in the fun and the night is spent switching channels showing NFL matches. All night clubs and pubs having facility of large screen TV’s are jam packed with customers enjoying their favorite teams playing, cheering shouting to support their team. Some people could be really lucky because they are able to watch the match on the stadium. Wherever you are watching Howie Long Jersey , you can see that people are wearing . Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys China Online Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Custom Jerseys Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap College Basketball Jerseys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Class of 1982 Forum Index -> Memorable Moments All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: